Plans and Providers
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Call toll free 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday
Spanish and English plus other languages—
using Certified Language International Interpreters
Serving all communities in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties
Choose CenCal Health, the Community Provider Plan in San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara Counties, and you will pay less than if you choose another Healthy Families Plan in San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara Counties.
Why Choose CenCal Health?
We Have Low Rates in both Counties!
- From $4 to $24 per child per month up to a maximum of $72 for all children in the family.
- Health centers include: Sansum Clinic, American Indian Health & Services, Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics, Santa Barbara County Health Clinics, Community Health Centers of the Central Coast, all hospitals in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties, and a wide choice of pharmacies. CenCal Health is your central coast health plan headquartered in Santa Barbara. We help thousands of kids every year! Our Member Services staff reside and work in your community. They are available for you daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1-877-814-1861 for information and inquiries.
How the Plan Works: It's easy!
- Choose CenCal Health and pick one of the Primary Care Physicians (PCP) from our list (almost all of our PCP offices have staff who speak Spanish). We will send you a new member welcome packet with an ID card and Evidence of Coverage / Member Handbook.
- The PCP you choose for your child will provide care and refer your child to other doctors if needed. You may change your child’s PCP once a month.
- You can even call some of the other doctors yourself to arrange an appointment directly:
- Chiropractors for 20 visits per year
- Acupuncturists for 20 visits per year
- Gynecologists for yearly well woman exams
- Plus, you may get the prescription drugs you need from pharmacies right in your neighborhood.
How to Choose:
Write CenCal Health and the number of the PCP you want in the space provided on the form. If you have questions, call us toll free at 1-877-814-1861, or visit our web site at www.cencalhealth.org.