This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
It provides health, dental and vision coverage to children who
do not have insurance and do not qualify for free Medi-Cal.
(Posted on 04/01/13)
The Federal Government recently issued the 2013 Federal Income Guidelines (FIGs) for the Healthy Families Program and Medi-Cal for Families Program.
One of the requirements for a child to continue to qualify for Healthy Families during the Annual Eligibility Review is that the family’s monthly income (after applicable deductions) must fall within the program guidelines. The New FIGs will also be used by Healthy Families when processing Premium Re-Evaluation Forms.
For applications received on or after April 1, 2013 the eligibility determination for the new Medi-Cal for Families Program will be based on the new 2013 FIGs.
For questions regarding the Federal Income Guidelines, call
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or on Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Posted on 02/10/13)
Connecting Kids to Coverage, Outreach and Enrollment (Cycle III) grants under the Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) are now available, and submissions are due February 21, 2013. Read more
(Posted on 01/22/13)
Low to moderate income families may qualify for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)!
(Posted on 01/08/13)
As of January 1, 2013, there are no new enrollments of children into the Healthy Families Program (HFP). However, the Medi-Cal Program will continue to provide health, dental and vision benefits to California’s uninsured children. Read more
(Posted on 10/23/12)
All Healthy Families Program members are going to be receiving letters that explain the changes to the program. Parents should watch for letters from the State. Information to remember:
- Children currently enrolled in the Healthy Families will continue to have health dental and vision coverage.
- Healthy Families is still open for those families that have not yet transitioned.
- Healthy Families continues to process plan transfer requests, monthly premium payments, Annual Eligibility Reviews, and enrollment of infants whose mother is enrolled in the Access for Infants and Mothers Program.
- The move to Medi-Cal began January 1, 2013. The transition will occur in phases based on the health plan the child is enrolled in.
- Families will receive letters in the mail from Healthy Families beginning in late October 2012. The letters will explain the steps that will take place. To read the Notice to members click here.
- It is very important to keep your address and telephone number up-to-date with Healthy Families so that you will receive the latest information.
- Families need to continue to pay their Healthy Families premiums in order to maintain coverage in the program.
We will continue to keep you up-to-date on the move as more information becomes available in updates through this website, and on Health-e-App.
(Posted on 07/19/12)
Effective July 1st 2012, families can now request plan changes at anytime during your child’s enrollment in Healthy Families Read more